Professional Dental Cleaning & Prevention
Lancaster Dental, a Kitchener Dentist Office has been serving communities since 1978. We are proud to say that our services have always left patients happy after every procedure. We protect people’s beautiful smiles through our dental cleaning and prevention services, which include dental exams and cleaning, X-rays, fluoride treatment, and more.
For a better understanding of our dental cleaning services, please refer to the list below:
Examination & Screening
We offer complete oral examinations to screen for dental diseases and conditions. Our methods include:
– X-ray diagnosis – Dental X-rays are taken and examined to find any abscess or cyst, bone loss, hidden tooth decays, and development abnormalities.
– Oral cancer screening – Our Kitchener Dentist will check for any signs of oral cancer by examining the lips, neck, throat, face, and gums.
– Gum disease evaluation – Patients are checked for signs of gum diseases using the patient’s medical history and a closer evaluation of the tissue.
– Tooth decay evaluation – Using specialized tools for testing tooth and gums, the dentist will check if there are any damaged teeth and how extensive the damage is.
– Existing restoration examination – Patients who have had dental restorations done before will be checked regarding the state of the restoration to see if there is any damage.
Using advanced dental techniques to remove plaque and tar, our cleaning techniques address several issues involving the care of teeth. Among the things we can do include:
– Removal of Calculus or Tartar – Calculus, also known as tartar, is the build-up of hardened plaque, making it difficult to remove simply by brushing the teeth. Using specialized dental tools, we can remove this hardened film.
– Plaque removal – Plaque is the byproduct of all the food and drinks that go through the patient’s mouth, becoming the breeding ground of bacteria. Removing plaque through regular dental cleaning keeps the teeth and gums healthy.
– Teeth polishing – If the patient already has fairly white teeth, there is no need to undergo teeth whitening. Instead, we recommend teeth polishing since it is will just remove any stains or plaque that may be causing discoloration.
We take pride in our Dental Implant solutions where we replace missing teeth in singles or multiple units. Through our Full Arch Implant, we can bring back the gorgeous pearly whites that patients have lost, restoring confidence and happiness permanently.
For a rundown of the Dental Implant options we have on offer, please refer to the following:
– Single Tooth Replacement – The simplest form of a dental implant, this procedure involves boring a hole into the patient’s jaw to install an implant, which will then hold the crown. All-in-all, the process involves a minimum of four visits to the dentist.
– Multiple Teeth Replacement – Similar to Single Tooth Replacement, this process involves a dental implant but instead of just one crown, it can be two or more. It makes use of a fixed bridge and the treatment can also involve up to four visits to the dentist.
– Full Arch Implant Retained Device – If all of the patient’s teeth are gone, a Full Arch Implant provides a permanent solution that makes use of implants, fixed bridges, and multiple crowns.
Due to everyday use and exposure to food, drinks, and other materials, it is inevitable that the teeth become less pristine as the years pass. Once bright smiles become dimmer and gleaming pearly whites become less so. Fortunately, our Kitchener Dentist office stands ready to bring all of that back.
For those who still have their full set of teeth, our improved dental restoration techniques can make sure that they will always be able to keep them. Our composite filling service flawlessly fixes damages sustained by each tooth. For teeth that need minimal fixes, our Inlay and Onlay Restoration services are guaranteed to make teeth healthier and stronger.
The following is the full list of procedures that we offer regarding Dental Restoration:
- Composite Tooth Fillings
- Root Canal Therapy
- Crowns or Caps
- Fix Bridges
- Inlay Restorations
- Onlay Restorations
- Dentures & Partial Dentures